02/2018Keep an eye on the latest science news. The project gained quite a lot of media attention and is covered by national and international news sources. Here, we will list a just few selected items in our media higlights. Moreover, the download section will now contain the genome and annotation files.
02/2018The marbled crayfish genome paper was just published in Nature Ecology & Evolution (Open Access). We also had the opportunity to write about our insights and approaches in the community blog section "Behind the paper".
Gutekunst J, Andriantsoa R, Falckenhayn C, Hanna K, Stein W, Rasamy J, and Lyko F. 2018. Clonal genome evolution and rapid invasive spread of the marbled crayfish. Nature Ecology & Evolution AOP. doi: 10.1038/s41559-018-0467-9
01/2018The species description of the marbled crayfish (Procambarus virginalis) was recently published in Zootaxa:
Lyko F. 2017. The marbled crayfish (Decapoda: Cambaridae) represents an independent new species. Zootaxa 4363(4): 544-552. doi: 10.11646/zootaxa.4363.4.6
12/2017A download section was added which will contain genomic resources on the marbled crayfish genome project once the paper is published.
09/2017The marbled crayfish genome version (v0.4) is now available for BLAST search and in the Apollo Genome Browser.
04/08/2016You can now contact the team at email@example.com
- Marbled crayfish at conferences:
- 22nd International Symposium On Freshwater Crayfish (07/2018), Pittsburgh (USA)
- 11th Arthropod Genomics Symposium (06/2018), Illinois (USA)
- 10th Arthropod Genomics Symposium (06/2017), Indiana (USA)
- BioGenomics2017 - Global Biodiversity Genomics Conference (02/2017), Washington, D.C. (USA)
- International Association of Astacology XXI Symposium (09/2016), Madrid (Spain)
- Genome Science 2016 (08/2016), Liverpool (UK)
- New Model Systems for Linking Evolution and Ecology (05/2016), Heidelberg (Germany)
- 9th Arthropod Genomics Symposium (06/2015), Kansas (USA)
- Marbled crayfish media highlights:
- Spiegel Online (06.02.2018): Angriff der Klon-Krebse
- The New York Times (05.02.2018): This Mutant Crayfish Clones Itself, and It's Taking Over Europe
- Zeit (05.02.2018): Krebsklone verbreiten sich weltweit
- The Atlantic (05.02.2018): A Pet Crayfish Can Clone Itself, and It's Spreading Around the World
- Science (05.02.2018): An aquarium accident may have given this crayfish the DNA to take over the world
- Stuttgarter Zeitung (04.02.2017): Böses Krebsgen aus, gutes Gen an?
- ARD Paarduell (04.03.2016): Marmorkrebs in German television
- Sueddeutsche Zeitung (05.11.2015): Der Krebs, der aus der Kaelte kam
- DKFZ (02.11.2015): Ein Krebs fuer die Krebsforschung
- DKFZ (02.11.2015): A Cray-ative Solution for Cancer Research
- Science News (26.08.2015): Crayfish create a new species of female superclones
Welcome to the marbled crayfish genome server. Here you will find various resources for the marbled crayfish genome. This is a project of the Division of Epigenetics in the German Cancer Research Center (DKFZ).
Make sure to follow us on twitter @dkfzEpigenetics